The AI and the Web Track of IJCAI 2016 invites research papers at the intersection of artificial intelligence and the World Wide Web. This includes research papers where the Web is used as a platform for application of AI techniques or concepts. This also includes papers that describe AI systems or technology, in which Web resources, or knowledge derived from the Web are an integral component. Submissions are expected to offer technical novelty beyond straightforward applications of existing AI techniques to Web-based datasets. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to
• AI for multimedia and multimodal Web applications
• Crowdsourcing techniques and methodologies
• Human-computer interaction over the Web
◦ AI for Web-based collaboration and cooperation
◦ Intelligent user interfaces for Web systems
• Human Language Technologies and the Web
◦ Knowledge acquisition from the Web
◦ Machine translation using Web resources
◦ Question answering on the Web
◦ Web-based opinion extraction and trend spotting
◦ Web-text summarization
• Intelligent Techniques for privacy and security over the Web
• Machine Learning and the Web
◦ Recognizing Web spam such as link farms and splogs
◦ Mining user-generated data on the Web
◦ Web-based recommendation systems
◦ Web personalization and user modeling
• Provenance and trustworthiness of information on the Web
• Semantic Web
◦ AI for Web services: semantic descriptions, planning, matching, and coordination
◦ Exploiting linked data and open data
◦ Languages, tools, and methodologies for representing, managing, and visualizing semantic Web data
◦ Ontologies and the Web: creation, extraction, evolution, mapping, merging, and alignment; tags and folksonomies
◦ Searching, querying, visualizing, and interpreting the semantic Web
• Social search and mining
◦ Social network analysis, theories, models, and applications
◦ Social media analysis: blogs and friendship networks
◦ Influence spreading and viral marketing in social networks
◦ Social reputation, influence, and trust
◦ Community detection
◦ User profiling and user activity modeling
◦ Searching social media and collaboratively generated content
• Web search and information retrieval over the Web
Papers will be reviewed by qualified reviewers drawn from a special track committee. Submissions to this special track deemed not relevant to the track may be considered for review for the general technical papers track at the discretion of the track and conference co-chairs.
Author Registration and Important Dates
Authors must register at the AI and the Web Track technical paper submission site ( https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ijcai16) before they submit their abstracts and papers. The software will assign a password, which will enable the author to log on to submit an abstract and paper. In order to avoid a rush at the last minute, authors are encouraged to register as soon as possible, well in advance of the abstract submission deadline. Important dates for the track are as follows:
• Abstract submission: January 27, 2016.
• Paper Submission: February 2nd, 2016.
• Rebuttal Period: March 10-11, 2016.
• Notification of acceptance/rejection: April 4, 2016.
• Camera-ready copy due: April 20, 2016.
(All deadlines, except camera-ready deadline, are 11:59PM, UTC-12; thus submissions are allowed as long as the deadline date is not past anywhere in the world. Information about camera ready deadline will be provided to the authors from the publisher.)
Author Instructions and Policies
Please consult the main IJCAI 2016 Call For Papers at http://ijcai-16.org/call_for_papers.html for detailed submission instructions, including formatting guidelines and electronic templates, review process, and important policies on multiple submissions, confidentiality, and conflict of interest.
For a list of frequently asked questions about IJCAI 2016 paper submission, click here.
Questions and Suggestions
For inquiries, email the special track co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Track Co-chairs
Evgeniy Gabrilovich (Google Research, USA)
Mausam (Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India)